2017년 9월 12일 화요일

Social media being a stress reliever?

As all of you may know, hurricane Irma has been a main topic past few days. Many 
people had to evacuate and damages are quite serious in many places like Florida.
It was not as bad in Athens, but many people had to stay in the dark due to the all-day power outage. It was very stressful because power outage does not usually stay this long, especially with this amount of rain. Georgia power might have reacted slowly to Athens power outage because there were so many more serious cases. 

hurricane irma georgia에 대한 이미지 검색결과

Many schools, including the University Of Georgia, has been closed for both Monday and Tuesday. Many students and even instructors have been struggling getting access to course materials, emails, and etc. Most of UGA classes have the first exam this week and it has been a disaster for students since most of them have the course materials online. I personally have 3 exams this week and it really has been a pain to study in the dark, without any internet connection. What I found interesting is that people, mostly students, are using social media platforms to communicate with others, to release stress, and even to share their studying tips. This shows that many social media platforms have been one of the main methods of contacting others in emergencies. 

athens irma에 대한 이미지 검색결과

UGA has not announced their plan for Wednesday yet, but many people are expecting a normal operation; Hope this recovery process does not take too long to affect course plans.

  

댓글 2개:

  1. I agree, for me it was difficult to study for several tests in the dark. I had several extended family members staying with me too to escape Florida. Although they still felt the effects while here in Georgia. They will not stop watching it on the news! Yes I agree with you about not having internet was one of the hardest things to deal with as a millenial.

    답글삭제
  2. I definitely agree that it was a really hard adjustment. It made me realize how reliant on social media I am. I felt very bored and disconnected with no wifi or cable and it's sad because I still had my phone and with many friends. My friends and I talked about what people did back in the day when they didn't have all this technology and it made me realize our world has been taken over and totally changed because of it. Crazy to think about. Who knows what the future holds.

    답글삭제

Target's Biggest Competitor?

T arget corporation is the second- largest discount store retailer in the U.S after Walmart. It was founded in 1902 and has been showing ...